Tragic news for the TEC Confessing Orthodox Remnant (TECCOR). And now their sworn enemy TECCON is langourously preening and sharpening her talons - erm, polishing her nails - after a bitter but successful battle in Katharine's Inclusive Compulsory Anglican Secularisation Scheme (KICASS).
TECCON, who once gleefully ripped apart screaming squids with her bare claws - erm, hands - has now attempted to rend the ministry of a holy Bishop from his See, and that at the behest of her Orcine minions in Pittsburgh, PA.
But rejoice for Bishop Duncan! He's following his conscience, and thus his salvation seems secure - if not his full pension.
Not to worry. One of the TECCOR faithful even offered him a house!
Like St John Chrysostom's enemy Eudoxia - 'good opinion', what delicious irony - an evil empress has exiled a successor to the Holy Apostles who dares to be faithful to the Depositum Fidei. But we know the end of the story. John Chrysostom was canonised. The heresiarch empress? Her name only endures in infamy.
I just wish like the Dickens TECCOR had stuck with attacking squids instead of Bishops.
A battle was lost, but the war is won.
- [Jesus] said to [His disciples], "But who do you say that I am?"
- 11 Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
- Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood 12 has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
- And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, 13 and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
- I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. 14 Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
I don't think our Lord will mind if his faithful servant has the last word:
'This is a great new day.'
(Interview with Anglican Mainstream)